Effective: August 13, 2021
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you interact with our Services, we collect information about you, which includes personal information. The term “personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to you, or the term may be defined under applicable privacy or data protection laws. We collect personal information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically from you and/or your device; and
- From other third-party sources.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect personal information that you provide to us when you download, register with, or use the Services, which may include:
- Personal identifiers, such as your full name, email address, mailing and/or billing address, date of birth, photo or government-issued identification card or number, and other similar identifiers;
- Demographic information, such as your age and/or gender;
- Commercial information, such as a credit or debit card number, bank account information, or other financial and/or billing information;
- User account information, such as your username and password;
- Information regarding your use of the Services;
- Information you voluntarily provide when you interact with the Services, such as through your communications with us when you participate in our live chat feature, request customer support, or interactions with us via social networking sites.
- Information you provide to us about your friends or contacts, which may include their names and contact information.
We collect this personal information directly from you through our Services when, for example, you: register for an account through the Services; fill in forms through the Services; participate in surveys; make a purchase; provide feedback or otherwise contact us; participate in any contest, game, giveaway, or other activity through the Services; access or participate in message boards or comment areas on the Website or through the BST App; or otherwise interact with the Services.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you download, install, register with, or use the Services, we receive and store personal information about you and information about your electronic devices (e.g., mobile phone, laptop computer, tablet, etc.) using technologies that automatically collect such data. Depending on your device’s operating system, we automatically collect the following categories of personal information:
- Device information, such as the electronic device’s unique device identifier, operating systems and versions, phone model, serial number, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address(es), domain from which you accessed the Services, and other similar information;
- Usage information, such as information about your interactions with the Services, including the dates and times you use the Services, how often you use the Services, in-game actions and achievements, the content you access or view through or in our Services, whether you view advertisements shown through the Services, and, if so, how many times you view the advertisements, and similar information;
- Location data, such as precise geolocation and/or location information we derive from your IP address or other device settings, which we collect to ensure you reside in a jurisdiction in which you are eligible for participating in our platform, to comply with relevant laws, and for fraud prevention purposes;
- Device event information, such as information about errors you encounter, including crash reports, request and referral URLs, and other details about whether you encountered an error playing the Services or lost connections to the internet; and
Information We Collect From Other Sources
Depending on how you interact with the Services, we collect personal information about you from third-party sources, including:
- Advertising platforms and analytics providers with whom we partner may provide us with information about your interactions with the Services, including, for example, whether and how many times you may have viewed an advertisement, length of time the advertisement was visible, or other information about your interactions with the Services or advertising content.
- Third-party login platforms, such as when you choose to log into our Services using an existing account on a social networking site. We may collect, for example, your name and e-mail address associated with that social networking service, as well as any information you allows us to access.
Combining Personal Information
We may combine the personal information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through our Services, as well as information collected from other sources to, for example, provide you with a better user experience, to improve the quality and value of the Services, and to analyze how the Services are used.
- AUTOMATIC INFORMATION COLLECTION AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
When you use our Services, we and our third-party partners collect information about you and your electronic device(s) through cookies and similar technologies:
- Advertising Identifiers: Our third-party advertising partners may use advertising identifiers, such as Apple’s Identifier for Advertising (“IDFA”) and Google’s Advertising Identifier (“AID”), which, similar to cookies, allow our third-party advertising partners to recognize your device when you interact with our Services and to provide you with advertisements that match your interests. You can reset your advertising identifiers at any time via the settings on your mobile device, as described in Section 6 (“Your Choices”) below.
- Internet Log Files: We use internet log files, which contain data such as your IP address, in order to monitor traffic on our Services, resolve technical problems with the Services, detect and prevent fraud, and other similar purposes.
- Cache Data: A cache is a component of your mobile device that transparently stores data for record-keeping purposes. Cache data does not identify users, but does identify your mobile device, including your location information. Most browsers and applications are initially set up to accept cache data. If you prefer, you can adjust the settings of your mobile device so that it does not store this information while utilizing the Services. Certain application features may only be available through the collection of such data. We may use such data to assist in data collection and to track application usage and trends to help us better serve you. We also permit third parties who have entered into confidentiality agreements to access such data to help us monitor use of the Services for fraud or any other activity that does not comply with applicable laws.
We use our own as well as third party analytic technologies, which are integrated into our Services, to gather information about how you use our Services. These analytics technologies help us, for example, to measure and analyze events within our Services, improve your user experience, monitor the success of marketing campaigns, or to prevent mobile advertising fraud.
Some of the functions within the Services are provided, developed, or hosted by third parties that are not affiliated with the Company. These entities may process information automatically as you use the Services. These third parties include:
- Advertisers, ad networks, and advertising servers that serve behavioral advertisements;
- Analytics companies, which help us understand and measure how the Services are being used;
- Service providers we engage for administrative and support activities, such as customer support services or cloud storage providers.
The information these third parties collect may include personal information as well as information about your online activities over time and across different websites, applications, and other online services websites that are not affiliated with us. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (e.g., behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the personal information about you for the following purposes:
- To set up your account, verify your identity, and provide you with our Services;
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other feature;
- To send periodic communications regarding new products, content, features and services;
- To better tailor the Services to your interests, to provide you more efficient customer support, and to enhance the Services;
- To serve, facilitate, and measure the effectiveness of advertising by us and third-party partners;
- To authenticate your activity and save your progress and achievements on our Services;
- To provide access to certain functionalities and features of the Services;
- To follow up with you in correspondence;
- To prevent fraudulent or other criminal activity;
- To detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, or illegal activity;
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- To enforce the Terms;
- To collect your location information including your geolocation records, for purposes of verifying whether you are eligible to participate in our Services and comply with our legal obligations, protect our legal rights, and address existing or anticipated disputes;
- To monitor and track the total number of users of the Website and/or BST App for statistical purposes; and
- For any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information or with your consent.
We also may use anonymous and/or aggregate personal information for commercial, marketing, and/or business purposes, such as reporting and conducting research and development in order to enhance our existing Services and/or develop new products and Services. Anonymous or aggregated information does not identify you, and we may use or disclose such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible manners. We may share this information internally and/or with third parties for our or their purposes in an anonymous or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you. For clarity, we also share and disclose non-anonymized and non-aggregated personal information in accordance with Section 4 (“Disclosure of Your Personal Information”) below.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our corporate group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its direct and indirect subsidiaries.
We also may share your personal information (from each category identified above) with selected third parties, including:
- Service Providers: We engage third parties to support our business and to, for example, provide you the Services we offer; conduct quality assurance testing; facilitate the creation of accounts; provide account authentication and user verification services; provide technical and customer support; geolocate users; personalize, customize, and improve your use and experience of the Services; process financial transactions; send email and push notifications; enable security support and technical maintenance; send you newsletters, surveys, messages, and promotional materials related the to the Services or on behalf of other companies; prevent harmful or unlawful uses of our Services, including fraud; and improve and optimize the performance of our Services.
- Advertisers and Advertising Networks: We engage certain third-party advertising partners that may require your personal information to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others. These parties may use your personal information for purposes including, but not limited to:
- Help advertisers reach a particular demographic; and
- Enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and Search Engine Providers: We engage third parties that assist us in the improvement and optimization of the Services.
- Successors: We may provide personal information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, in which case we may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, and your personal information may be transferred as part of that transaction.
- Where Legally Obligated: We may provide personal information to those to whom we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation or legal request, such as a subpoena, or in connection with required governmental filings or submissions, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms, rules, and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety or the Website, BST App, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Professional Financial and Legal Advisors: We may need to share personal information with our professional advisors, which includes lawyers, auditors, bankers, or other professional consultants for business purposes.
- SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
The security of your personal information is important to us. The Company maintains commercially reasonable security safeguards that are designed to protect the personal information we collect against unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Despite the steps we take to protect your personal information, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. We cannot guarantee or warrant the security or integrity of your information and shall not be liable for breaches of security or integrity, third-party interception in transit, or any damage caused to your computer or other property by visiting our Services. If you have any questions about the security of our Services, you can contact us using the communication methods identified in Section 15 (“Contact Details”), below.
- YOUR CHOICES
You have certain choices regarding your personal information, including:
- Cookies: You may be able to disable cookies by adjusting the permissions on your device. Cookie settings vary depending on the type of device and operating system you use, so refer to instructions related to your particular device to learn more about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. Please note that if you reject certain cookies, you may still use the Services, but your ability to use some features or areas may be limited.
- Advertising Identifiers: You may choose to prevent your mobile device’s advertising identifier from being used for interest-based advertising, or you may reset your device’s advertising identifier. These settings vary depending on the type of device you use. If you use Apple iOS, you can reset your advertising identifier by going to: Settings > Privacy, tap Advertising, and then tap “Reset Advertising Identifier.” If you use an Android device, you can head to: Settings > Google > Ads > Reset advertising ID, and click “OK” when prompted.
- Push Notifications: You can opt not to receive push notifications from our Services by following the instructions in your mobile application or device settings.
- Updating Your Personal Information: You may change or update personal information in your account by editing it within the Services Profile Page under ‘Account Details’ or by requesting changes by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. Some of these third parties may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising, which you can learn more about by visiting their website detailing choices for mobile applications. Some of these third parties also may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”), and you can learn about your opt-out options from members by visiting NAI’s website.
- THIRD-PARTY PLATFORMS
- THIRD-PARTY PAYMENT PROCESSING
The Services are currently free and you are not required to provide financial payment information to participate. In the event that as part of a promotion, we offer the award of a financial payment based on your use of the Services, we may process the payments through a third-party website, including, but not limited to, third-party payment processors. The third-party website may collect certain financial information from you in order to process a payment, including your name, email address, address and other financial information. In order to delete your financial information, you may need to do so with the third party, as we only have minimal secure access to those records as needed to provide the Services.
The Services are not directed toward children under the age of 18 or the age of majority in the jurisdiction from which they access the Services (“Children” or “Child”) and we do not knowingly collect personal information from Children. The Services are only to be used by those age 21 or greater, please to not attempt to register for the Services or send any personal information about yourself to us if younger. If we learn that a Child has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our files as quickly as possible. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a Child who you believe has provided personal information to us through the Services, please contact us at email@example.com.
- INTERNATIONAL HOSTING OF INFORMATION
- RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Upon termination of your use of the Services, we reserve the right to maintain your personal information as part of our standard back-up procedures in an aggregated format. When personal information is no longer required, we will utilize procedures to destroy, delete, erase or convert it to an anonymous form.
- FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of California, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and “Shine the Light” laws provide you with additional rights regarding your personal information.
CCPA Privacy Rights
Under the CCPA, eligible California residents have the following rights, which can be exercised directly or in certain cases, through an authorized agent (as discussed below in the “How to Exercise Your CCPA Rights” subsection):
- Right to Access Specific Information: You may request the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you over the twelve (12) months preceding your request.
- Right to Know about our Collection and Disclosure Practices: You may request that we describe the categories of personal information we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the categories of personal information that we have sold or disclosed for a business purpose about you, the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information.
- Right to Delete: You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions such as data that has been anonymized, aggregated, or in backup data.
- Right to Opt Out of Sales of Personal Information: California residents have the right to opt out of the sale of their personal information, and to request information about whether we have sold their personal information in the past twelve (12) months. Further information regarding our sales of personal information is described below.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you because you exercise any rights under the CCPA or applicable law, including by denying you Services, providing you a different level of Services, or suggesting that you will receive a different level or quality of goods or services.
How to Exercise Your CCPA Rights
To exercise the rights described above, please submit a request to us by:
- E-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- U.S. mail at: Attention: Bally’s Corporation Legal Notices, 100 Westminster Street, Providence, RI 02903
Before we can process your request, we must be able to verify your identity as the owner of the account and/or personal information you are inquiring about. We will not be able to fulfill your request until we can do so. In general, we verify your identity by confirming that you are the owner of the e-mail address associated with the account, but the data we request from you during the verification process will depend on the nature of your request (e.g., whether you are seeking access to specific pieces of personal information or requesting deletion of personal information).
PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING WHEN MAKING YOUR REQUEST:
- Identify the type of request(s) you wish to make (e.g., “Right to Access Specific Information,” “Right to Delete,” etc.);
- Provide your: (1) full name, (2) physical address (3) e-mail address, (4) username.
When we receive your request, we also may contact you via e-mail, telephone, and/or other secured communication channels to verify your identity. Where you request access to the specific pieces of personal information we hold about you or deletion of your personal information, we may ask you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the user whose personal information is the subject of the request.
Exercising CCPA Rights for Someone Else
In order to designate someone to act on your behalf (i.e., an authorized agent), we must verify your identity and your agent’s identity. We also collect proof that your agent is authorized to make a request on your behalf through a signed written authorization and proof that the agent has power of attorney or is otherwise registered with the California Secretary of State. Absent such documentation, we reserve the right to refuse to comply with third-party requests for information.
Response Timing for CCPA Requests
We aim to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. When additional time is needed, we may take up to an additional forty-five (45) days (for a maximum total of 90 days) to comply with the request, and we will inform you of the reason(s) why the extension is necessary within the first forty-five (45) days of receiving your request.
Sales of Personal Information
We may have sold or disclosed for valuable consideration certain categories of your personal information to our corporate affiliates (e.g., Bally’s corporate entities) and to select third-party business partners (e.g., our third-party promotional partners, entities that refer you to our Services, and other business partners). The categories of personal information we disclose to these third parties may include your personal identifiers, user account information, information regarding the products or Services purchased, obtained, or considered, internet usage information, and other information you provide when you interact with the Services. To exercise your right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to our corporate affiliates and third-party partners, please follow the instructions identified in the “How to Exercise Your CCPA Rights” subsection above.
Like many organizations, we engage services that deliver interest-based advertisements to you. In order to deliver these advertisements to you, we may make available or transfer your personal information (e.g., internet usage information, such as browsing history, online identifiers, such as an IP address or data generated from cookies or similar technologies) to our marketing partners (e.g., entities that perform advertising or analytics services). To the extent that the term “sale” under the CCPA is interpreted to cover such advertising and analytics practices, you may request to opt out by following the instructions identified in the “How to Exercise Your CCPA Rights” subsection above. You also may adjust your device or browser’s settings to limit how your internet usage data and device data is shared with third parties. Please refer to the “Your Choices” section for references to some tools for adjusting your preferences.
Shine the Light
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents have the right to opt out of disclosing personal information to third parties for the purposes of allowing such third parties to directly market their products and services. If you wish to opt out, you may do so by e-mailing us at email@example.com or by contacting us using the contact information in Section 15 (“Contact Details”) below.
- CONTACT DETAILS
- Contact us by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact us by U.S. mail at: Attention: Bally’s Corporation Legal Notices, 100 Westminster Street, Providence, RI 02903